Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, January 24, 2011

Project Re-Style #4

Yay!  I am really excited how this weeks re-style turned out.  If you are just tuning in I am part of Project Re-Style.  Fifty Two weeks of re-styling something you have that is old and turning into something new and exciting.   You can find out all the info if you click on the picture.


This is a purse I found at this Wonderful Vintage store, for the whopping price of $5.00.   I loved the shape of it, but when I got it home and wore it for a day the straps were uncomfortable and I thought they were to long.  The bag also lacked something to keep it closed.  I wanted shorter straps.   UMMMM  how to fix this?  Well once again lying in bed, justtttt about to fall asleep and WHAM! the idea hit me. I had and chain belt that was  about 8, 9 years old, lol , just hanging in my closet waiting to be re-purposed.  The next morning I began the Re-Styling process.  Now I am not going to lie, this one took me a little longer to get the way I wanted.  But the new Purse made it to the finish line.


  And here is how I did it.


Tutorial

Old Belt, Purse, Needle Nose Pliers.


Small Scissors

Ribbon of your choice

First I took the big ring off the end of the Belt. 
I will save that for another project.

I carefully cut off the straps,   
also saving them also for another project.








 I attached the end of the belt 
where the old straps were.


I threaded the chain through the straps like this.
Hooked the end  like this.



 Now it looks like this.

Now just lace your ribbon through the chain.  
I cut one long piece folded it in half 
and started at one end.




 Then I tied  A bow at the end. 
This took me about twenty tries. 
I also re-threaded the ribbon about four times 
to get it to look the way I wanted.
So you might have to play with it  a little.

 And here it is, my New Purse. 
I wore it today and it worked great!
YAY!!! 4 down  48 to go .


As I said before, I am trying to do one every Monday.
Everyone have a Super Night.



8 comments:

  1. this rocks. Excellent restyling project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE Anne!! I never would have guessed the purse didn't come that way. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call! The purse looks so much better. And I love your belt too~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome - can you come do some of mine???

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative. Looks fantastic after your magic.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO SMART! I'm trying to think of bags in my closet that I can do this with ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!