Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, January 16, 2011

T-Shirt Headband

Happy Sunday Everyone.  I just wanted to show you what H and I came up with.  Remember the stringy necklace? Well H asked me to make her a headband  the same way.  You know what ? They work great, and they don't slip.   I was going to do a video, and I still might ,  on how I did the flowers that  I put on  the top of the headband.  But for now here is a quick peek.








  To start with  






Start with your sleeve you turned into a headband




 If you have never done this before here is a short tutorial on finishing off the Tee shirt headband before you add the flowers.
First video, so bear with me.





 How to make the flowers
First tie a knot at the end of a strip of material, size can vary, 

Fold under the little tail part and hold into place.

Turn the flower, backside facing you,  and  stitch the material that you are twisting,  to the center knot you just made.

Keep twisting and turning the material around the center knot, stitching on the back as you go.

Make the flower as big as you want it.


When you have it to the size you want.(This is the Back of the flower)

Cut the end  of the material off .

Fold over  the extra material  and stitch that down, all the way around.

Like this and then tie off your thread.

then stitch the flowers to the headband


There you are all done.   Make it however you like. This headband took me about 30 min, start to finish.
Any questions, just send me an email.. 
Have a Super Sunday Everyone.

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute! And a great way to use up the leftover sleeves. I think a red one would be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This headband is so cute. Looks really good.
    I just wanted to thank you again for the award, here is my post

    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, something else for me to put on my to-do-it-yourself list :D thanks formsharing!

    Come join the Fashion Blog Flash Mob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I have been wondering what to do with my leftover sleeves - may have to add this project to my 30-Day Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Great refashion! Thank you for sharing your tutorial!
    Thank you for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you are going to lnk up next week!
    Alliemakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!