Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, January 21, 2011

White Shirt.

I guess one of the most versatile pieces of clothing I have is the White Shirt.   I have about 4 White Shirts, some are long sleeve, some are short sleeve, two of them are longer shirts and the others are regular length.  Everyone should have at least one Clean Crisp White Shirt in their wardrobe.  A White Shirt pretty much goes with everything.  Now I know sometimes keeping a White Shirt clean can be a challenge, they sometimes get dingy and turn a yellowish tone over time.  But there are ways around that dingy look.  I have some great tips for dingy whites and for those yellowish stains under the arm.  I will list them at the end of this post.  
Everyone have a Fantastic Friday. 
Yay! for Friday..

White Shirt- Target, Jeggings -Target


Vest- Charlotte Russe, Scarf- I made Link here

Vintage Lizard Bag, My Grandmothers Citrine Ring

I love this Ring, It means a lot to me


Madden Girl Boots, Marshall's.  Yay! I get to wear my Boots!

My Tips for Keeping your White Shirts, White.

1. Always wash your White Shirts with only Whites.  Other clothes dye with absorb into your White Shirt.  Making them Dingy.
2.  I always put about 1/2 cup of Clorox into my whites for a big load.  For a small load 1/3 of a cup.
3. For those nasty stains under the arm I spray with Hydrogen Peroxide . 
My H P came in a spray bottle from Wal-mart and I just refill it when it gets low. Very cheap about $1.75 for a big bottle. This also works good under the arm of colored clothes. But always do a  test on things like Silk and Rayon, just in case.
4. I never Dry my Whites I rarely dry any of my clothes. I always hang dry most everything. 
5. Spray Starch.  I do this every other wash.  I have a  bottle of Spray Starch like this.  I spray this on my White Shirts after I hang them up to dry, while they are still wet.  They Dry Crisp and it gives them a little body. Plus it helps with stains not getting into the fabric.

I just keep refilling it with liquid starch and water, that way I can make it however  I want. Heavy starch or light starch.
If you have any questions just ask or email me. 

I hope this helps you.
I have had some of my white shirts  for about 3 years and they are still hanging in there.
Have a Great Weekend Everyone.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the sleeves on your top! I need a white shirt with a little flair =) Mine are a tad boring! But sooo essential -- I agree! <3

    xoxox
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a no-iron white button-up. I like the vest! What a precious sentimental ring! Boots! I need boots!

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute white shirts. I have a hard time keeping white shirts clean. and I'm so jealous of those boots!! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!