Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, June 6, 2011

Project Re-Style #23 Blue and Teal Placemat Clutch

Week 23 of my Project Re-Style challenge. 
Welcome everyone. !
 I am So happy you are here.  If you are just joining me, this is my Project Re-Style day. Not sure what that is? Well, all the details will be at the end of this post. In short, I have challenged myself to make one Re-Style project a week for one year. Re-Styling something out of my closet or something that I found and making it into something completely different.
This week, I have veered away from clothes and gone back  to accessories, a purse to be exact.  This Clutch Purse is similar to  another clutch purse I did. HERE and HERE The only difference is, this one is made out of 2 placemats, instead of just one.
These  Placemats only cost 2 dollars a piece.

I was going to use them on our table for summer, but my creative side has won out, once again. I am happy to report that I did buy 2 more placemats to replace the ones I swiped. 

Tutorial
Things You Need
1. Two round placemats. I found mine for $2.00 at Wal-mart.
2. Sewing machine
3. Hot glue gun
4. Magnetic clasp

For the flower
5. Leather scraps 
6. Scissors
7.  Pin or hair clip( I used a hair clip)
8. Hot glue gun


1. Lay your two place mats down, over lapping each other.
2. Stitch the two placemats together as shown above.


 3. Fold the placemats  in half and stitch the sides.

4. Fold the tops over, measure  where you want the the clasp.
 Instructions Here for the clasp.
5.  Place some hot glue on the clap, then  glue the flap over.



 Secret pocket for your phone.


I  just love the flower.

Flower
Tutorial 

23 down 29 to go
Click on the picture 
for all the details on Project Re-Style.

Thank you so much, for joining me.
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!
If you have any questions, please email me, 
WobiSobi@gmail.com
<3
Anne

Linking to




16 comments:

  1. You WOW me every time I open your blog my dear! This is so great and so creative!! Very well done!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite beautiful!!
    I love the choice of colours :)

    Sadie x

    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is genius! So glad you didn't use them for your table!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome - love the colors!! Who needs a placemat? Just go out to dinner sporting your awesome new clutch! :o)

    - Jenn @ Social Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just AMAZING!! Your creativity is endless! Congrats my friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really funny, nice and easy. Thanks-
    Yoana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Two placemats never looked better! Great color choices too
    So glad I found this at A Round Tuit party!
    Thanks for sharing - this is way creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this clutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may not believe me, but I have bought an exact same placemat (only one) in black so that I can make a clutch! great minds...
    Yours turned out fantastic.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne,
    I finally posted my placemat clutch DIY. Have a link to this.
    Love all your latest DIYs.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be the perfect accessory for a new dress of mine (hot date night with hot husband!). Where do I find the placemats? I've been searching around and I can't justify $15 ea. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shai, I found mine at Wal-mart for about $2.00 a piece.. but that was a year ago. good luck, I found this on line. http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=round+placemats
      Thank you,

      Delete
  12. Can you tell me, please, what these placemats are made of? I bought some at Walmart that look like these, but they're plastic, which I doubt would be appropriate for this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bev, These place mats I used are made of straw or raffia. not plastic I bought them about a year ago.

      Delete
  13. Amei a ideia, as cores o efeito final. Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!