Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, July 11, 2011

Project Restyle #27: Two Grey T-shirts into a off the shouder dress.

Happy Monday Everyone.  
Two wonderful things are happening today.  
My fashion classes start,  and I am on  Number 27  of my Re-style project. 

Thank you so much for joining me.
Details about project Re-Style will be at the end of this post.
This weeks project is,~ wait for it, ~another t -shirt project. 
"What else can you do with a t-shirt?" you ask.
Well there are plenty of things you can do, and I have only just begun to scratch the surface. This time I will shock all of you by using a gray T-shirt.

I wanted to make a easy summer, off the shoulder dress.
I saw something similar to this on a fantastic style, DIY blog called,  


 How easy is this to make?
well, it is super easy.

Tutorial
Things you need.
1.Two t-shirts~ your size or just a little bigger these are large men's(I wanted mine big)
2. Scissors
3. Sewing machine
4. Needle and thread the same color.

I put my shirt on and decided  how long I wanted it, then I cut the bottom of the #2 shirt. 
 Wrong sides together, I stitched the bottom piece to the top piece



Then I turned my shirt  right side out and stitched around the seam again.
Now it is time to  cut off the collar, don't cut too much. 
Try the shirt on and mark it, if you are not sure.




  I cut another band off the bottom of the #2 shirt.  I also cut the hem part of the sleeve.
I used this to make the bow part of the shirt.




 I stitched it on the inside of the bow, along the seam of the first shirt,.  I did that on both sides.  Then I  hand stitched the middle part of the bow, to the front of the dress.




to make the sleeves more fitted and finished looking, I gathered them and stitched them together.
And that is it!
Now you have a new dress for summer, that you can dress it up or down, depending on accessories you want to use.
Wasn't that fun?
It was for me.
27 Down 25 to go!

Thank you so much for joining me.
Have a Wonderful Monday.!
<3

21 comments:

  1. I Looooooooooooooooooooooove it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. How do you come up with these ideas and then are able to execute them. So impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to remember this sleeve detail! BRILLIANT!! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I think I'll give my BF a scare and show him this post while holding 2 of his t-shirts! HAHAHAHA!!! This is great! Thanks for sharing! xox

    Wynn
    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply wonderful!
    The bow part of the shirt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STOP!!! I LOVE THIS!! I would probably live in a dress like this. I really like how large you made it, I like drapey things and easy things that give me room for big meals :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's great:) now I can do this.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! This is really impressive! I wish I had one... and I love grey t-shirts, it's my favourite t-shirt colour actually! You make it seem so simple, you're so talented dear Anne! Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great, so cute. I really like the tucks on the sleeves. Great detail~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Thanks for a terrific idea that I must try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this dress today and I can't wait to wear it! I did dark grey and black, the bottom of the dress is black and so is the bow and I wear a wide black belt with it. My only catch was the two shirts were two different widths and I didn't figure this out until I was almost done sewing them together. I made it work though :) Thank you for the idea, it is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in the process of making this dress, and I'm stuck on a couple of points. First, how wide is your sash? How did you attach the sash to the neckline? Is the exposed edge of the sash a raw edge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nikia, the sash for my dress is about 6 inches wide. I just hand stitched the sash to the top, and yes,they are raw edges because knit does not fray. I hope that helps!:)

      Delete
  14. LOVE THIS ONE! i'll try to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, I'm going to try this, but I'm not an experienced seamstress =/ what do you mean by "wrong sides together"?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right side of the material is the side you see the wrong side is the side you don't see. So if you turned a shirt inside out that would be the wrong side.:) I hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!