Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, September 20, 2014

T-Shirt Bolero DIY

I discovered this Bolero when I was trying to use up some
 left over t-shirts I had sitting around from other projects.

This shirt came from just turning that scrap shirt upside down.
Tulip Fashion Sequins and Aleene's Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
 helped me put on the sparkling  finishing touches on it.




Tutorial
Things You Need
  1. T- Shirt (Mine was a mens extra large)
  2. Scissors
  3. Tulip Fashion Sequins
  4. Aleene's Quick Dry Fabric Fusion 
  5. Sewing Machine or needle and matching thread
  6. 2 studs *optional * Hobby Lobby

Lay your Scrap shirt out.
(I have so many of these.)
Cut a half circle. 
If you cut the circle half way fold it over and use that as a template 
you will get a pretty even half circle.
It should look like this.
Cut the middle of the collar.
Now turn your shirt upside down, the collar will now be the waist.
Fold your Scrap Half circle in half.
For the Waist Tie,
you will cut out a 1 1/2 inch strip.
Once you cut that, cut that strip in half, so that you have two one inches strips.
For the Back Tie,
 cut a 1 inch strip then
cut the back tie strip in half long ways.
Now you will have two  1/2 inch strips.

Stretch out your two back ties

Now take your two waist ties and pin to your collar: right sides together. 
Sew those together.
this will be the ties around your waist.


Turn your bolero over so that the back is facing you and attach the two back ties (one on each side) about an inch down from the seam on the sleeve.
 I used studs but you could hand stitch this really quick.


The  ties worked  much better in adjusting the shirt to fit you.
I did a couple of different back designs and this was the one that worked the best for me.
When you tie them together it makes a natural drape.

What was once the collar is now the waist.
Now it is time to make this Bolero sparkle.

I love  Aleene's  Quick Dry Fabric Fusion because I  am very impatient
 and waiting for things to dry is not my favorite thing.

Because the glue is QUICK Dry I put just a little glue on a piece of aluminum
 and used a tooth pick to place a little glue on the back of the sequin,
then I placed it on the shirt.
 If you put to much glue out at one time it will dry up on you,
so work in small sections and use just a little glue at a time.
Build your sequin pattern until you get the desired look you want.
Repeat on the other side.


Now you have a cute little Bolero for those cool nights.
Dress it up or down.







Have a Wonderful Weekend.
Lots off <3,
Anne
For more DIY
Pinterest
 you can follow me on
Facebook 
Instagram
Twitter

 

15 comments:

  1. I like it very much! I'm in constant search of ideas on how I can upcycle my husband's old tee... and the gold mine of ideas are here in your blog. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg thts so amazing!! i was waiting for this tutorial and i ll try it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...wonder if I can get the NECK of a man's shirt to fit my 38" waist...I figure it'd come to about halfway round my sides. Would need REALLY long tie strings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make the ties as long as you would like. You could also make them as wide as you want to I still think it would work fine.

      Delete
  4. This is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity, I have so many upper shirt halves laying around. And LOVE boleros! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, I’m going to feature it on the top 5 diy’s of the week, on my blog http://curlymade.blogspot.pt/2014/10/top-5-diy-of-week-03102014.html, I hope you don’t mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your creativeness! You are my big inspiration for the past week I love how to transform siple t-shits to your brilliant creations! I hope you could make me one....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Just the project I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creativity of author is only spectacular. It has touched to the extent of understanding along with his writing. the entirety is up to the mark. Written flawlessly and i will use such facts for my coming task.
    รับผลิตเสื้อยืด

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obviously, the collection of a writer must be a bundle of creativity. New ideas of writing become the reason of success. It makes your work worthwhile. Everyone wants to praise your writing because they bound by creativity.
    custom made shirts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog presented itself in a very easy and clear way. Owner of this blog found a very simple way to express its view but when you read this blog completely, you would get to know about how hard it could be to express such in a easy way.
    polo shirt design

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!