Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, December 28, 2015

Dark Chocolate, Power Bark.






 This Dark Chocolate power bark have been a godsend over this Holiday season.
I work in a very high stress, retail job
 and during the holiday season I sometimes work 15 hour days.
I was trying to create a quick snack I could eat that would satisfy  my cravings for sweets and also give me energy, without spoiling my low carb, no sugar,  lifestyle change that I have been pursuing over the last 7 months. I have lost 20 pounds on this lifestyle change.
These power bars are packed full of nuts, chia seeds, papitas, dried fruits and organic dark chocolate.
All the things I love in one bite sized  piece. 
Believe me it is delicious and a life savor when I needed a pic me up,
 not to mention super easy to make.

 Things you need
 2 Bars of Organic Dark chocolate one 75% one 85%
( Dark chocolate has less sugar and lower carbs than regular chocolate and is super for you.)
1/2 cup Dried fruits *Cranberries, Apricots
1/2 cup Nuts
Chia seeds
Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds)

 Place your 2 bars of chocolate on a cutting board and chop it up into fine pieces

 Place chocolate in a glass bowl

 Chop up your dried fruit
Add your nuts
 Lay out your fruit combo in a long rectangle
 Sprinkle the chia seeds on top of the mixture.
Lay out your cranberries and your pepitas in a rectangle.


 Heat the chocolate up in the microwave or over a double boiler.
* Microwave for 25 seconds take out and stir, heat up another 15 seconds take out and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
 Do not over heat.

 Slowly pour over your nut / berry mixture.
 Sprinkle with a few nuts or fruit on top for looks and so you can tell witch bark it is
On some of the bark I sprinkled a little coarse sea salt.


Let your bark cool and get firm on a cold marble or granite slab.
 I would not place in the refrigerator.
it cools it to quickly.
Cut apart in to small bite size pieces.
Store in a sealed container.
Eat when you need a boost, or have no time.
Great for a holiday party or to give as a gift too.
Have a beautiful Monday.
Hopefully this week I can post all the fun I have had over the last two weeks,
 and also an update on my low card, no sugar lifestyle change that I am on.
Lots of pictures and no time to post. 
Life should be getting back to normal  with regular posts coming soon.
Here is to a healthy, happy, New Year
with lots of love and light sent to you all.



P.S I have this really pretty sparkly dress that I want to wear on New Years.
 I hope I get to go somewhere fun so I can wear it.
XXOO.
Anne



3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Anne: Love the sparkly dress, I hope you go someplace super elegant.
    I want to eat the monitor, the candy looks so yummy.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!