Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cocount Oil, Cinnamon, Coffee, Sugar Scrub.


Everyone knows getting older in what we do. How we age is a choice we make as individuals.
 About a year ago I decided to do a spring cleaning on my diet getting rid of all the junk, (sugar, carbs, processed food)  as I could. I also do not eat red meat or pork, and when I do eat chicken or fish I eat organic when it is there.  The change that came after was  a Much Healthier BODY, a clearer mindset, including very little (if any) headaches, no cramps during my periods, A lot more energy and no or very little crazy mood swings. My husband can verify that for me.:)
 It also came with some sagging skin on my neck,  Torso, legs, and arms,  not a lot but enough for me to notice, it is just part of the territory that comes with the aging process you can't stop it. But when you add weight loss to the aging equation, well you get my drift. 
So I did a little research on some natural skin tightening for the body /face.  Coffee scrubs were the #1 out there.  I decided to create my own and try it to see if the hype was all it was cracked up to be. Needless to say if I did not absolutely love what I made I would not be typing this right now. 
I have used this coffee scrub for about 6 weeks now and  although it has not made me look like I  am 20 again it has made enough of a difference that I will never go without it.
Not only does if smell amazing, it is really good for your skin and slows down the aging process. Here is why
  • Coffee is a natural stimulant firming skin and reducing the signs of cellulite. HERE
  • Coffee is a great exfoliate HERE
  •  Coconut oil  HERE it also stimulates collagen HERE 
  • Cinnamon benefits HERE 
  • Sugar benefits HERE  


 This is the one I came up with and you can add and take away whatever you like. 
For instance, I read where you can add cayenne pepper to you body scrub for more cellulite relief.
 I have not done that yet but if I do I will let you know. 
The best part is that it is not expensive, you know what is in it and you can make it yourself.

Things you need.

1/2 cup of Melted organic coconut oil.
1 cup of ground coffee * I did not have any organic coffee, but if you have it I would use that.
2 tsp of organic ground cinnomon
1/4 cup of organic cane sugar
Dash of lemon juice.
All of these ingredients I found at my local Publix 
or if you don't have a Publix your local Grocery store should have them.



 Mix the cinnamon and the coffee together in a bowl.

 I melted my coconut oil over the stove *not too hot  very low heat.





 Slowly add the oil  to your coffee and cinnamon, stir as you go.

 add your sugar,
 mix well with a spoon.



I store mine in a container like this, it was what my coconut oil was in 
and it is perfect for the bathroom because it is resealable and its plastic. 






But if you want to give some away or let your friends try it 
I made these cute little jars to put my scrub in.
 Super easy
 Things you need.

  •  Little jars I found at Wal-mart.
  • Glue
  • Glitter 
  • Brush
 Paint the lid with some glue * just in the very center.
Sprinkle with  glitter let dry about 3 -4 hours,
and that is it.

Cute little jars of Happy.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
If you try this let me know what you think I would love your feedback.
Lots of <3
Anne

8 comments:

  1. Thank-you for sharing, I will try this.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrub sounds great, but I'd be really careful using coffee in a scrub because it can clog drains easily. Coffee doesn't dissolve at all and has natural oils that facilitate drain clogging, so there's probably a plumber in your future if the grounds are going down the sink...

    http://www.atomicplumbing.com/plumbing-news/is-it-safe-to-dump-coffee-grounds-down-the-sink/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will not clog your drain Christina... Drains are design to work with more nastier things than grounded coffee. If your drain is clogging after coffee you should sue your plumber for not designing your drain according to building code...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How often did you use the scrub? Every day? Before or after you would shower? I've used coffee scrubs in the past without success, but maybe I haven't been doing it often enough?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How often did you use the scrub? Every day? Before or after you would shower? I've used coffee scrubs in the past without success, but maybe I haven't been doing it often enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenni, So sorry this is taken me so long to respond. I use it everyday, and I scrub my face with it right before I wash my hair and put conditioner in. I let the scrub sit on my face about 3 min. the I wash it off as I am rinsing off my conditioner. You also might what to use a toner and or a micellar water to get off the excess when you get out of the shower and before you put on your lotion or makeup. I hope this helps. XXOO

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!